Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Gettin' Lean and Mean in Twenty Fourteen

If you would go back in time and tell me that I would go into the year 2014 training for a 50K trail race in arguably the toughest trails in Texas, I would say you're crazy. But, as fate would have it, here we are…a few hours away from 2014…and just a few days away from that 50K. Why even do such a thing? I do it because I am inspired by my running friends…all of you. You inspire me to keep going, to keep improving, to keep "fighting to live," to keep pushing weakness out of my body. The big goal for 2014 is that darn Cactus Rose 50 miler.

In order to accomplish that massive goal, I can only dare to resolve that this new year I must take a serious stance on eating better. I can't promise you anything. I know I will make good and bad decisions along the way…bear with me. I do know that in order for me to do that crazy race, I need to be around 20-25 pounds lighter. I am determined, though, and with my family's help I can do it.

2014 promises to be a great year if we will face our personal challenges head on and reach for bigger and better goals in our running, cycling, and swimming.

Finally, a huge thanks goes to Kathy, my soulmate. Without you, none of this running and racing would even take place. You keep Montalvo Manor going strong while I'm out there on the road or on the trail doing long miles and crazy David workouts. Thank you Kathy for your support…I owe you BIG time.

2014 is just around the corner…what are YOU going to do? I say go for it and make it your best year yet. Happy new year!

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me, Orlando! You can do this - your body may fight you for the first couple of weeks, but after that, it will crave the good food and reject the bad. Look forward to seeing you kick some trail!

    ReplyDelete